"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."

Saturday, May 23, 2009

My baby girl might be a redneck because...


So I was playing with my little girl Jocelyn (18 months) the other day and had a stark realization, she's at the "Redneck/hill-billy" stage. Supportive Evidence:


1. She has a mullet. Her hair doesn't grow on the top of her head. Only in the back and it has this gentle curl to it that would make many men in our parts jealous.


    2. She only has half a mouthful of teeth. Sometime when she gives me that "I can make daddies heart melt" smile, I think she's slipped in a pair of billy-bob Halloween teeth. Heaven forbid you get an appendage within its grasp, she will draw blood. Consider yourself warned.


3. To get what she wants, she point and grunts and often screams. We're trying to get her to use words, but in her mind she's probably thinking: "These idiots will get me whatever I want if I point at it and scream. Why bother with wasting all my energy on syllables and pronunciation*? *(I wasn't sure the baby lingo for the word "pronunciation")

4. She has beer/pot belly. I love watching her, she'll stick that thing out stomp her way around the house like she owned the place. Oh, wait....?

    5.Her diet. A few of her favorite things: anything on the kitchen floor, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti-o's, hot dogs (raw and cooked), bananas, and chocalate. And yes, she eats everything with her hands.


6. She's got a little temper. She's not afraid to tell you off, smack you in the face, try and break your glasses, poke you in the eye, fish-hook you, or bite you. BUT, while your bleeding, writhing in pain, picking up the broken pieces of your glasses, and tending to your wounds, you can't help think...

"what a cute and sweet little girl".


This little redneck has me wrapped around her finger though, that's for sure!!
Love You, Jocie.
~Dad.
(I guess I taught her everything I know)




11 comments:

Kristin said...

She makes one GOOD LOOKING redneck!

Haskell Fam said...

That is so funny, You crack me up! Josie we love you muddflap and all!

Amanda said...

That is so FUNNY! A redneck but such a gorgeous one.

Angie H. said...

She is the most baeutiful redneck I have ever seen. Good one Jed!

Shannon said...

Redneck or not, she's one very cute girly!

Shannon said...

Redneck or not, she's one very cute girly!

Chaotic Monarchy said...

She is super model beautiful! It was fun seeing you the other day at jumping jacks maybe we should plan a celebration for new moon so we can have an excuse to get together!

Angie said...

LOVED the post Jed. Jocie is darling. She is ALL girl ...and redneck. Cutest little redneck I've ever seen.

April said...

I vote this the best blog post ever! You always make me laugh! She is darn cute if you ask me, and she fits in perfect with the Shuler Clan:)

April said...

You forgot the most important reason Jed...
#6 you know your baby girl is a red neck if her parents are cousins:)

Kais said...

Jed, your post was #1 on my list of favorites this week for sure. LOL. Loved it!!! She is too precious, even with a mullet. :)