"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."

Sunday, January 20, 2008

OCD, Hand Sanitizers, Chinese Chicken Entrees, and Q-tips.

Let me take a moment and explain.
Yeah....
...So I think I'm addicted to hand sanitizer. I find myself putting it on every few minutes when there's a bottle laying around. I don't know if its the:
"I just successfully killed 99.99% of hand bacteria(leaving the remaining .01% of bacateria to be left without competition, and hence successfully evolving and morphing into a super bug that will probably be the downfall to our current civilization)" feeling I get. Yeah...I know....how ironic.
-OR-
Maybe its the possibility that the Chinese have come up with a way for creating a similar ingredient to that of MSG ("mmmmmmmmm Sesame Chicken" in a Homer Simpson like voice) that can be used in topical hand sanitizers. Dang them!!! Everytime I drive by Hunan City in Payson(which is daily I might add) I hear an evil Chinese Jed-like voice in the back of my mind pleading his case that a to-go order of the special of the day will in no-wise hurt my health and will only bring a sense of "Zen" into my life. Does anyone know, is the concept of "Zen" originate in China? How about the word "tangent"?
Either way, I think I'm seeing the early stages of OCD happening.
Gotta run...
...I need to go, I haven't counted how many Q-tips are left in the box for over a week. We wouldn't want to all of sudden be found in a state of "ear uncleanliness" emergency.
Question: In what ways do you think you might be a little OCD?

3 comments:

Chaotic Monarchy said...

You are so funny. I love your blog.

Amber said...

Ha, Ha Jed you are great! I myself am addicted to hand sanitizer and have one in each room of my house. I also feel like the more it burns, the cleaner my hands are?!? I am currently seeing a counselor for this :).

Anonymous said...

Oh Jedalina,
I know what you are going through.
Me, myself and I have OCD like behavior. Looking in any mirror that my cross my path. Most the time I'm O.K. with what is looking back, but oh, some mornings..... scary!!!