"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Living in our 'SONIC' lives. HUH?

For months now Christian has had a slight obsession with "the good guy game" as he calls it. It took us forever to figure out just what the 'good guy game' was. Come to find out it is the Sega game Sonic. He had played it at his cousins house and it was love at first sight. He has nick-named the whole family characters from this game. It started out where he would just mention to us which character we were. "Mom, you're Squirrel, and Jocelyn is the Red guy, and Daddy is the Pink guy, I'm the good guy." I respond with, "Uh, okay honey" but what I'm really thinking is "What the crap is he talking about? What is the good guy game and this Squirrel character better be freaking awesome." Anyways, that is were it 'started', it has progressed quite significantly. Now most days we are only referred to as these character names and we must also refer to each other with theses names as well. "Squirrel, Pink guy, I'm awake." "Mom, I want to call the pink guy" "Hi Pink guy, it's the Good guy, what you doing? I'm just playing with the Red guy." And if 'perhaps we forget' to use these nicknames he gets hostile. "Christian it's time to eat" "Mom, don't call me Christian, I'm the Good guy." "Oh sorry Good guy. It's time to eat." "It''s okay Squirrel, I still love you." He is so funny. Well I got to wondering what these characters actually looked like so I 'googled' them. This is what I found out.

This is Christian the 'Good guy', Sonic himself he is the main Character...of course. He can run faster then the speed of sound! A-ma-zing.
Our sweet, tender, smiley little Jocelyn is this scary guy who is referred to as 'Knuckles' on Sonic. Are those spikes on his hands? Uh oh well, there you have 'Red guy'

This amazing character is me his nickname is 'Tails' and is a FOX! He is the third most popular sonic character right after Sonic himself and Shadow. Anyways this is me aka 'Squirrel'

So lets see we've covered Christian, Jocelyn, and me so that only leaves Jed to be this gorgeous little minks. Rosy the Rascal is what she goes by in Sonic but around our house it's the 'Pink guy' Jeez Jed you're a hottie.


And recently we have added a 5th member to our family...Shadow the Good guy's side kick. Re-named the black guy and is Christian's, I mean, the 'Good guys' imaginary friend. They do everything together. We have to set a seat for him at the table, do his hair, and buckle him in the car. "Mom, this is Black guy, he's my best friend" and the Good guy just doesn't understand when others don't acknowledge the Black guy. "Mom, Jonah (Christian's real human friend) doesn't even know how to talk to the Black guy."



So there you have it we are just an ordinary family living in a Sonic life. We love you Good guy! Thanks for keeping our lives exciting and without the lack of laughter. You are our SUPER SONIC GOOD GUY!! Love, Red guy, Pink guy, and Squirrel.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Could Christian be cuter? I suddenly have a goal... to earn a nick name from Christian at some point in my life.

Ashley said...

Heather that is so funny!! I love that little guy! Oh sorry.. I love that "good guy"! Sawyer is obsessed with Christian lately! He is asking everyday "Can I go to Christian's house?" "Where is Christian?" So one of these days soon lets meet up and calm thier little boy friend madness. Maybe he will play with the black guy too! Luv ya girl and your cute little sonic life!!

Unknown said...

My dad use to say that all the time! That women dress for other women not for men. You are the only other person I've heard say anything like that. :)

Angie said...

Okay, Heather, time for a new post... I know you are doing fun things together!!