
If any of you were wondering if Christian is still madly in love (border line fatal attraction)with Sonic the hedgehog the answer is...YES, more then ever. For those of you who received our Christmas card. You were probably wondering what on earth our adorable, little boy was doing. Well let me explain. Jed's sweet little sis took our pictures for over an hour and Christian kept pulling crazy faces and/or crying in practically every single darn picture. So picking a picture to use for our Christmas card was quite the task. Well after going through the pictures a million times seeing how we could swap a head here or there. Jed and I decided to just leave it be and use the picture at the top of this post. because it is SO Christian. Well I got them printed and were putting them together when I had this conversation with Christian.
Christian: 'Mom that's a crazy face, huh?'
Me: 'Yah, really crazy. Why did you do that?'
Christian: 'Because I'm Sonic.'
Me: 'Well why would Sonic pull such a crazy face?'
Christian: 'Because he likes to tease the bad guys like that. Crazy huh, Mom.'
So I hope that clears up a lot of questions you all had about our Christmas card. And no, Christian's face is not permanently stuck like that.
We have had a slight change in the Sonic family though. This is a conversation I over heard Christian carrying on with himself.
"Yes, of course I have a name, it's Sonic."
"Yes, that's my name."
"Oh, no where is Amy and Knuckles." (he is referring to Jed as Amy and Jocelyn as Knuckles)
" Amy is a girl and Knuckles is a boy."
Long pause...
"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry that I've been calling Daddy a girl, and Jocelyn a boy."
"I think now Daddy will be Knuckles, and Jocelyn will be Amy now."
And so it is. Jed came home from work that night and Christian said "Hi Amy, I mean Knuckles." He hasn't slipped up since. I do think that it is confusing Jocelyn though. She is not going to know if her name is Amy or Jocelyn because on a regular basis Christian "demands" we call her Amy all day long. We play along but now I'm starting to wonder if that is such a good idea. Once in awhile I do switch over from 'Tails' to 'Dr. Eggman' when he wants a bad guy to defeat. And I have to talk in my angry voice at all times when being Dr Eggman. Life is good when you're a Hedgehog!
Happy 2009 to everyone!
5 comments:
that is so funny! That little boy cracks me up! Boys are so much fun! Oh and Owen loved your christmas card, he actually took it to bed with him one night and loves to look at it and pull faces like Christian! We need to get them together to play again soon!!
That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! I love that picture, it's awesome!
Your christmas picture has permantly gone up on mu magnet board. In fact every time I look at it I laugh.... hard!! You guys are so cute. i am glad that Jed has finally graduated to a boy guy.;)
I loved your Christmas card!! Christian cracks me up! Boys have the biggest imaginations. We really need to get him and Luke together to play. Who knows what they would come up with together!
I love it!!!!!
Post a Comment