Baby news:
I am now 6 months along and can't believe it. The kids are so fun about me and my growing belly. Christian is hilarious with all his comments and questions about the baby.
Christian: Mom how does the baby get in your belly?
Me: silence
Christian: Does Jesus put him in there?
Me: Yes, yes Jesus puts him in there.
Phew! I love it when he answers his own questions. :)
2 weeks later...
Christian: "I know Jesus puts the baby in your belly, but how does he get him in there?"
Me: "Um, with Love."
Christian: "But how?
Me:"Through a Mommy and a Daddy"
Christian: "BUT HOW?!"
Me: "Buddy, I'm going to have to think about that one for a little bit. I need to think of a great way to explain it to you in a way you'd understand."
Christian: "But we WILL talk about it, right Mom?"
Me: "Yes, we'll talk about it one day."
Man this kid is so curious! If any of you have any tips on how to explain to a 5 year old the "Birds and the Bee's" I'll take any suggestions. :) I don't want to lie to him, but I think the full out truth is "slightly" too intense for a 5 year old to handle. :)
Another great Christian quote about the baby was when we still didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. He was convinced it was a boy and that he "needed" a baby brother.
Christian: "I know it's going to be a boy, I know it."
Me: "Well what if it's a girl?"
Christian: "Then I won't be sad and I won't have a frown on my face, I'll just wait for the next one to be a boy."
Well he was right and won't have to wait to get his baby brother. Jocelyn doesn't really grasp the concept that there is an actual baby in my belly she just thinks that we've now named all belly's, BABY. It's pretty cute though.
Also with baby news we can't decide what to name the little guy. This is huge for me because I always have the name picked out the moment we find out the sex. So I'm dying here not being able to call this baby by name. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name Emmitt, but Jed says no way :(. I've been working on him to no avail. So runner up is Myles, which is pretty dang cute too. (and if you remember he was smiling in his ultrasound pictures. 'Myles' is kind of like 'smiles'.) So we shall see. Any votes?
Jocelyn news: She is at such a fun age and is extremely girlie! She loves Princesses, especially Sleeping Beauty. She is a such a little mommy already and loves to take care of her babies, and everyone else for that matter. She loves her Daddy and will break down in tears if he ever tells her "no", or gets after her. She is also newly potty trained and has only had one minor accident in 2 weeks! We are loving life, especially me! 3 months without anyone in diapers...AW-SOME!
She LOVES to layer when it comes to dressing up. She can never just put on one. This is also the case with her new "Princess Panties". You can never get too much of a good thing, right?
Christian News: He started soccer and couldn't be happier about it. He's been wanting to play forever and bought cleats and soccer shorts with his own money. He is so proud of himself when he gets all decked out in his soccer attire. He has also learned to be so patient with Jocie. She is in a 'MINE' stage and even his toys turn into hers. He is so good about it and I often hear him asking her, "Do you mind if I play with one of my cars?" "Could I have a little drink?" (When it's his drink in the first place!) He is one sweet kid and amazes me everyday with his love and generosity.
S-O-C-C-E-R!
ONE JUST FOR FUN...
8 comments:
The cutest kids ever!! I love your adorable belly, you are just too cute. Love, love the name Myles!
Yes Myles fits in perfect I think! So cute. Did I ever mention that your kids are the funniest kids ever! I just love them to death!
LOVE, LOVE the pics, especialy the belly one...so cute! I do have the funniest neice and nephew ever, I love them!!!
I love Myles! Every Myles/Miles, I know is fabulous! Okay, so I only know two but they are both fab!
Love love love the name Myles! We need to hang out!
Ok so first off.. I am laughing so hard right now! I love you and your little family!! And the baby name.. EMMITT!!! all the way baby!
oh and I love snot bubble. This post could not be ended in any other way! uhh.. Thank you!!
Heather!! I love both Emmitt and Myles.. Keep workin on Jed ;) And you're getting a cute little belly!! Holy crap i really HAVEN'T seen you in forever, but i'll change that. =)
I love the name Myles!!
Good luck with Christian and the Birds and Bees talk. Elyse was asking those exact same questions and she just couldnt get it to make sense. Finally she said "Listen you are going to sit down with me and draw me pictures and tell me how a baby gets in a belly" Yeah,shes only 7. I was so not ready to deal with that yet.
By the way, you look so cute!
Post a Comment