"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."
Thursday, May 6, 2010
My New Life
As I sit here with tear filled eyes, filled with love for my sweet kids, wonderful husband and my Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for this wonderful message shared by the most beautiful woman. If I could just have 1/2 of that beauty! Sadly I am lacking...
Only two days ago I made the comment to my 5 year old that I was 'done being a Mom'. He looked up at me with his big, blue, precious little eyes and broke out in sobs, with tears streaming down his face, he reached for my hand and pressed it to his cheek. I instantly apologized and told him I didn't mean it. Still sobbing he says "But I always want you to be my Mom." Pulling him into a hug I told him that I would ALWAYS be his Mom, ALWAYS. He smiled at me, wiped his tears and ran off to play.
I don't know why I got this little boy to love and to hold, but I'm so grateful for all the many blessings and lessons he brings to my life. I am feeling a little closer to my Heavenly Father today and know that he loves me and my little family and is mindful of our struggles. Thank you Nie Nie for showing me all about true beauty and reminding me how truly precious these little ones are. Thank you Christian once again for teaching Mommy how to love a little deeper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what a beautiful message. I think you are a beautiful woman, a great mommy, and such a fun friend. Thank you for sharing this little clip. It helps bring back what is important in our lives.
Thanks Heather! I seriously needed that today. I feel like when you are a Mom it's easy to feel picked on because there are so many demands. Hearing her message reminds me that I need to find joy in the journey, even if it's not always easy:)
Post a Comment