June 28th 10:00am- go in for a check-up. Dilated to a 3. Membranes were stripped.
June 28th- Lay around all day feeling back labor, not a biggie
June 28th 9:30-pm off to bed
June 28th11:30pm- wake-up with contractions. Just painful enough to keep Heather from getting sleep.
June 29th 12:00am-3:30am- contractions continue a lot of back labor, but very sparactic. Watch a few labor preparing videos. Send the husband to bed. Knowing this might be his only chance for some shut eye.
June 29th 3:30-6:00am- contractions become regular at 5 min.s apart. Call Momma Shu. She comes and contractions slow down. Get in the car drive to Spanish Fork only to turn around and come back home because contractions have completely stopped. :(
June 29th 7:30-9:30am- take a nap only to be awaken by 3 intense contractions followed by a gush of blood. Heather panics. Jed calls Dr. T. Dr. T recommends going in to hospital. Heather cries. Jed excersies his priesthood to bless Heather with peace. It works. Heather loves Jed!
June 29th 10:00am- Check in to hospital. Doula arrives. Dilatation: Still a 3. We wait.
June 29th 10:01am-2:00- Contractions continue at 5 min.s apart not too painful. Hung out in the jacuzzi tub, on the yoga ball, and snuck in a few bites of food. Dilation checked: Still a 3.
June 29th 2:00-3:00- Nurse recommends breaking water, Dr. t is called. Heather buys herself some time until water is broken. Let's just try a few more things first.
June 29th 3:30-5:00- Jed and Heather walk the halls. Acupuncture is tried among other things. Nothing works. Say a pray. Decision is made. Dr. T. will arrive in 1 1/2 hours to break water.
June 29th 5:00-5:30- Heather listens to her hypnobirthing music and rests.
June29th 5:30-6:30- Contractions begin again, harder and only 2 min.s apart. Doula helps relax Heather and back to the jacuzzi tub. Hypnobirthing techniques are put into play. Painful but doable.
June 29th 6:30-7:05pm- Dr. T arrives. Dialiotion: 6, 100% effaced, water is bulging and is broke. Contractions become intense. From one to the next it doubles in pain. Heather gets through them only because Jed and Summer (her amazing Doula) are by her side, squeezing hips, reminding her to relax, and letting her hold (more like squeeze to death) their hands. What a sweet support they are to her. Heather loves Jed.
June 29th 7:06-7:12- Dilation: 10. Heather and Jed are having a baby! Dr. T arrives. Nurse tells Heather that she needs to push, the baby's heart rate is dropping. One push baby's head is out. One more push and he is born. Baby is placed on Heather's chest and all is well. His angels from above kiss him good-bye, while his mommy and daddy welcomes him to life with kisses and tears.
So I did it! 100% all natural! No stitches, no I.V., no nothing! I had my doubts if I would be able to do it, but I knew I really wanted to. My Doula, Summer Zemp, was what got me through it. She gave me the confidence I needed to do it. Jed was absolutely amazing and having him by my side gave me such strength, but I know it was hard for him to see me in pain. So Summer was there to give him strength just as much as she was there for me. Thank you Summer for sacrificing your day to share in our little miracle. You were my saving grace!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you posted this! I love the play by play.
Your amazing! I love your post, so much fun to read.
I'm so glad you posted this! I loved hearing all the details again:) I'm so glad you went natural, and gave me all those wonderful tips before I took the plunge:) Way to go Heath!
Gosh, you guys are super women!! So brave!! Congrats! No stitches, no nothing, that is amazing!
Post a Comment