This summer was so fun for me to watch Christian and Jocelyn become "buddies".
Phrases I heard numerous times this summer, "We're buddies", "Come on Buddy lets go", "I thought we were buddies" (when there happened to be an argument), "Thanks buddy". I loved it! Christian is as boy as they come and he doesn't like anything girl, and Jocie is ALL GIRL, but somehow they came together and taught each other to see a different perspective.
I had to laugh every time I'd hear Christian trying to convince Joce that it's "cool to be a tomboy" the conversation would go something like this...
Christian: Hey Jocelyn you should be a tomboy.
Jocelyn: Why?
Christian: Because it's a lot more cool then just being a plain girl. Like they do lots of things boys like. You know like sports, and pokemon, and just boy stuff.
Jocelyn: But I like girl stuff.
Christian: Yeah, well, I guess you can still like girl stuff, but you should like boy stuff too.
Jocelyn: Okay I like Pokemon.
Christian: YES!
The summer proceeded like that with Christian teaching Jocie how to be a tomboy. They played spies, legos(although she had her own pink set ;) ), and Pokemon.
The biggest surprise of the summer was when Christian went along with Jocie's plans too. Like watching "My little Ponies"(she turned him into a 'Bronie'!), and finger crocheting. He went right along with it and let her teach him all about them.
They become 'buddies' this summer and it just warms my heart to no end to see it. I have an older brother that I was also 'buddies' with and I LOVED it!! He helped me become well rounded, and I always felt super cool to have a big brother that I went to High-school with. Actually I lucked out and was sandwiched between two brothers(just like Jocie is)! I'm the only one in my family that has a big and little brother. Blessed! I am blessed to have them! :) I love you my brothers!
Love you Christian and Jocelyn I hope you will always be BUDDIES!!!! You have more value to each other then your little minds can even comprehend!
| One of the many "sleepovers" they had together through the summer. :) |

3 comments:
What sweet kids! I'm so glad they are buddies with my kids too. Max asks to go to Emmit's almost everyday. So glad to see you back on the blogosphere. You inspire me. I need to get blogging too!
Awe that is so sweet. I love it. I always wished I had a brother, but I do love my sisters. Glad to see you back blogging.
Oh heather how I love these two kids! And I love that you are blogging again! I love to read your posts! These two are sure lucky to have such a hip and beautiful mama!
Post a Comment