"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."

Saturday, September 6, 2008



6 YEARS AND GOING STRONG!

So yah, today is our 6 year anniversary. What a great 6 years it has been. Jed thanks for being so super awesome! I love you tons, and tons. Thanks for always making me laugh my head off and being a SUPER dad! Wow, I'm so crazy in love with you! Dang, I'm one LUCKY girl!



CELEBRATE!

This year it was Jed's year to plan our Anniversary get away ( we trade off each year, and surprise the other one) and we went to, drum roll please...BEAR LAKE. It was both of our first times there. And it was so fun. Bear Lake has much to offer. We got couple massages, went to their Parade of homes (monster cabins!), played a little tennis (Jed is trying to teach me), went to dinner and a play with the Governor :), Went on a tour of Minnetonka cave, and tried to go Jet skiing but the weather would not permit, so yah, we had a fantastic time!

Bear Lake. I loved how there was farm land right up against the beach, how pretty.

We found our dream home there. This picture does NOT do it justice. Oh, and we could totally afford it at a mere 2.1 million dollars! But hey that's furnished. So worth it! In our dreams!

On our way up to Minnetoka cave.

Minnetonka Cave. It was so COLD in there and we were not planning on going here ( we were hoping to Jet ski instead). So Jed didn't have a jacket but we did have this awesome beach towel and don't worry he was wearing shorts too. It got down to 40 degrees. Burrrrr! The formation behind us is called the "three sisters". Water drips from the ceiling to make these formation. It is pretty incredible what water can do.

The depressing "white capes" that were preventing us from our water world of fun.

Dinner and a play at "Pickleville Playhouse" with the Governor. Well not exactly planned. We had no idea he was going to be there until we showed up for dinner and was told we could sit anywhere we wanted. Well, except for upstairs that's for V.I.P.'s only, guest of the Governor. Apparently we are not V.I.P. enough.

This was us waiting on Governor Hunstman to get there so we could eat. We started looking around noticing we were the only ones there under the age of 50 (except for the people that worked there). When the Governor and his BUS load of people got there, they yelled there yee-haws to announce dinner, (yes this was a western cook out) and said that we could come and get our food just as soon as the Governor got his first. Well the old bitter ladies next to us was not happy about that. "He's no better then us." was a comment coming from their table. But low and behold the cowboys came from up stairs (V.I.P. section) and excused us first, Governor Huntsman ate last. Bitter old lady, how ya feelin' now?

After dinner they have a play and it was so much fun. The play we saw was called "Chuckwagon" They did such a great job. We were laughing our heads off the whole time. So if any of you have a chance to go to the "Pickleville Playhouse" DO IT!

10 comments:

KW said...

Congrats! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Carly and Tyler said...

SOUNDS FUN!! I totally remember the day that you got married! Oh the rain! It actually POURED on my wedding day! Good times! I love the idea of trading off years to decide and surprise. I'll have to let my husband in on that! Oh and thanks for getting around to the TAG! Your little family is too cute!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on 6!! time is just flying by. What a fun weekend you guys had! Your family is so CUTE!! The kids are getting so big!:)

Angie H. said...

You two could not be any CUTER!!
Congrates on 6 wonderful years,how time flys. Love you guys!!

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

Love your blog!You two are the perfect fit. Congrats on the big 6! So glad that you are in the fam!

Nathan and Natalie said...

I LOVE the Pickleville Playhouse! And I love Bear Lake! Sounds like you had a blast!

Tyler and Travy said...

Cute cute cute blog! I am glad I found it! Ours is www.tylerandtravy.blogspot.com.

Ashley said...

Heather, You guys are awesome! That sounds like so much fun. You two are the perfect match! Jed is SOOO lucky!!! Lets get together next week and let the kids play. Luv Ya girl!!!

Angie said...

Looks like fun. Glad you were able to spend a couple days with your main squeeze. Love alone time with my hubby. Happy Anniversary. What will Heather pick for 2009? No pressure...