"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."

Monday, September 22, 2008

Living in our Sonic Lives. Part 2

Yep, we are still being Sonic-fied by Christian. It is progressing quite nicely with new names, and a few new members to our family. Don't worry we are all still our original characters; Good guy, Squirrel, Red guy, and Pink guy. But he has learned their "real" names and we now go by those. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Rosy. Recently I did have a scare of being fired as Tails (aka Squirrel, which I prefer). Tails somewhat morphed into an imaginary friend with Christian's/Sonic's other imaginary friend, Shadow.

Christian: "Mom, is Tails in the car with us?"
Me: "Ya, I'm right here."
Christian: "No, your not Tails."
Me: "But I want to be Tails."
Christian: "It's okay, you can be Mom."
Don't worry I have received my Tails status back after about a week of competing with an imaginary friend for the title.
I Do have to say I am starting to get somewhat perturbed with this Sonic character as I am now hearing many comments like these ones. "Mom, Sonic doesn't take naps." "Sonic doesn't go to time-outs." "Sonic doesn't eat this kind of food." and just yesterday we had this conversation.

Me: "Christian put your underwear on."
Christian: "Sonic doesn't wear underwear."
Me: "Oh, yes he does."
Christian: "No he doesn't"
Me: "Well, I guess you are not Sonic then because YOU wear underwear."
Christian.: "Um, I'll just hide them under my pants then."
Me: "That's a GREAT idea."

Even though he is trying to use his Sonic status to weasel his way out of practically everything. Every once in awhile I get to hear a comment like this. "Don't worry Mom, I'll be a Super Sweet Sonic." And I have to admit that it is pretty much hilarious to hear him call Jed Rosy, and even better that Jed answers to it with out flinching, like he was born with the name.

And yes like I said before,we have just recently added two new member to the Sonic Shu family tree. Introducing 'Cream and Cheese'. I have to admit that this was so confusing at first. When Christan started mentioning his friends Cream and Cheese. I thought that it was one person called Cream cheese. But then I noticed he was slipping a 'and' in the mix so I thought, GOOGLE them, one out of a million they have something to do with Sonic. And I was SO right.





Cream the Rabbit A courteous and gentle rabbit that can always be found with her close friend Cheese. Sometimes her curiosity lands the bunch in some risky situations, but her friends love her all the same.





Cheese the Chao A lovable Chao (what is a Choa?) who, although he cannot speak, can melt your heart. You can spot Cheese no matter where he is because of his unique red bow tie. Cheese can often be found with his close friend Cream.
P.S. If any of you have great ideas for a Sonic costume, do share. As you could probably guess what Sonic wants to be for Halloween. Even after much coaxing to be someone/thing else totally awesome. PLEASE HELP! Kid Sonic costumes are non-existent.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love that kid. I really do. I love his imagination and zest for life. Loved the recent UNDERWEAR conversation. Classic. I heard through the grapevine that Sonic does in fact wear underwear, it's just the same color as he is!! How great to be 3 and have a little hero. Love Jed's role and his willingness to be whoever. So funny.

Ercanbracks said...

Heather, this is hilarious. I cannot believe Christian is so into this Sonic world thing, truly it is the funniest thing. I don't even know what to say about the costume. . good luck. I am excited for bunco coming up! -Ashley

Haskell Fam said...

Oh he makes life fun doesn't he? Well I looked for some costumes for you and there really aren't any are there? I did however find this one site, you might could call them and see if they would make one and how much it would be. ebay has some plastic masks. anyway hope you find him one!
http://www.customcostumedesign.com/custom_speciality_costumes.htm