"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."

Monday, October 27, 2008

Did that HONESTLY just happen to me?

So I was taking a 'quick' little 'harmless' trip to Wal Mart with the kids on Saturday. Or so I thought it would be quick and harmless. This is my story, picture this: Jocelyn in the front of the cart, Christian in the back. (Which is unusual because he NEVER wants to be in the cart, but he was claiming he was tired.) Groceries carefully manipulated around him so as not to get smashed. I was rounding the corner between by the baby stuff own my way to get my last item and get out of there when all of a sudden Christian started throwing up EVERYWHERE! All over him, all over the groceries (that I had yet to buy) and all over Walmart's floor. Beautiful! Was this honestly happening to me? I just stood there stunned not knowing what to do as I see other Mom's walking by with pure sympathy on there faces mixed with gratitude that it was NOT happening to them. I quickly pulled myself together, comforted Christian, looked for a Walmart worker to let them know they might want to clean up their floor. And then spent the next 20 minutes or so crammed in the WalMart bathroom washing the throw-up off of my child and groceries. While people were coming in and out with looks of confusion turning to disgust. So that is my story, I can't believe that actually happened to me. It should be something you only see on a movie. But, hey I made it through it, I survived! I guess I am stronger then I thought. Oh, and in case you were wondering if I bought the groceries, yah, I did. But don't worry after rinsing them off I went through the self check out so I could spare the poor minimum wage WalMart employee from having to touch my vomit smelling food.

So if that did not happen to you today consider it a GREAT DAY.

9 comments:

Joy ~ Kurt said...

LOVE IT! I'm so sorry! Those are the moments we remember though! You will beable to tell that story forever! Thanks for the insight!
I think i'm having a GREAT DAY! (So far, So Good)

April said...

My oh my! That is the great bambeano of walmart stories, and I've heard some good ones. I am so sorry. I think I would have just started crying and running to my car!

Carly and Tyler said...

That SUCKS!!! Aren't kids great? I wish I could have been there to hold your baby-not clena up puke-SORRY!! Hope he's feeling better. Probably after he got it all out there. So sad!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Heather! I'm so sorry! That must've been horrible. Sad that Christian isnt feeling well! Hope he gets better! You are strong heather ;)

Angie said...

Bless you heart. Bless the Wal Mart workers heart who cleaned up Christians puke. Bless you heart again for rinsing the groceries and then using the self check out!! You are so cute. I can just picture you... You're a good woman! I can't help what wonder what you did with the puked on groceries? I would have wanted to chuck them, and I assure you Justin would have insisted we use them anyway!! Look on the bright side, it made for a really good post!

Ashley said...

Pure awesome!! Something like that would SO happen to me! You are a such a good mom!

Chaotic Monarchy said...

feelin better already. thanks!

Lindsay K. said...

Heather, sorry it was such a bad day, but it gave me a laugh. Isn't it funny the things we do as moms. Your an awesome one though, I think I would have snuck out of the store and left the cart. Hope today is a little better.

Haskell Fam said...

Love the throw-ups they just always happen when they shouldn't I wish I were there to help rinse off all the puke on your groceries, I am glad that you were able to do it by yourself, it gives me hope! Love ya girl, lets get together for a play day when Christian is better?