"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what."

Friday, October 24, 2008

My Dear, Poor Deer


The husband went a hunting this past week and he came home a whole new man. That's right he is officially a 'hunter'. He actually SHOT a poor little deer. He was a virgin in deer killing before now. And to tell you the truth I kinda liked it that way. I liked that he would just go hunting for bonding time with his Dad and some peace and quite of the mountains. But none the less he did it, and at first I was really sad when I saw the deer (which is REALLY weird because my Dad is a HUGE hunter and I've seen lots of dead deer before.) Then I saw this picture he took after he shot it and I have to admit, I find it a little sexy. My man...the hunter. Going out and providing our dinner by shooting it! Honey, you are AMAZING! Thanks for providing us some yummy roasts for the next year. :) Sorry Deer but you are going to taste so good. Thanks for letting the hubby shoot you. I promise you will NOT go to waste.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Jeddy! Miss you Heather!

Ashley said...

Way to go Jed!! and yes Heather it is a bit "sexy" to have a "hunter" for a husband. So Manly!!!

Anonymous said...

You successfully portrayed me as a sissy.
I have to tell you I do feel like a man now. Except I broke a nail when we were strapping it the 4-wheeler. Seriously, ask dad :)

Haskell Fam said...

NICE... Ryan will be so jealous he had to give up his last week of hunting to go party in NYC! That is totally awesome and it looks like a pretty big one? I expect an invite to the roast dinner!

April said...

Nice rack Jed! I guess I under estimated his mountain man skills. Or did you just photo shop those antlers??? Congrats though, thats awesome. You'll have to let me know how to use all the meat since Brett is determined to get one next year.